Friday 17 July 2015

Autohelm mod

I had a bit of a problem with my (less than) trusty Autohelm.   The damp had got in an caused it to stop functioning. I was able to get it responding again by taking the top of and spraying wd40 under the flux control thingy. Unfortunately it wound in tight and jammed against the stops.  There was no way I could repair this while underway so I lobbed it in the fore peak and continued on my way. 
This is the second time it has done this and requires a lot of disassembly to rectify it. 
While was apart today I decided to modify it so that it wouldn't leave my in trouble again. 
The main drive screw can be seen down through the operating rod. By slotting it with a hacksaw I can free it off the stops without completely stripping it down. 

End of drive screw clearly visible inside actuator arm. This can now be turned with a flat screwdriver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment