Sunday 30 October 2011

Nasa Duet

I have decided to buy a depth sounder to replace my fish finder. The fish finder, although having many benefits, does draw a lot of current and does not fit flush to the bulkhead.  I am going back to my original wish of a Nasa Clipper Duet. 

I missed one on eBay tonight which went for £128,  I spent another 1/2 hour looking for a good deal then came back to eBay.  I noticed a seller had a few of these for sale with a but it now of £165 plus £8.95 p&p. The list price is £208 so this looks like a good enough deal.  I then noticed it had amake an offer button. I've never tried this before so was sure how it worked... I put in £150 and it accepted it.. Well happy. All I can say is if you want one try the make an offer button and put in a lower offer... You never know :)

4 comments:

  1. That's good to know. I've been thinking of getting one of those myself. I'll have a look at the eBay seller. I've bought a few things on "make an offer". I always offer way lower than I know they'll expect and after a bit of too-ing and fro-ing we both meet in the middle!Just like bartering should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, let me know how you get on, It would be interesting to build up an idea of an appropriate offer for these type of products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the one that works via a transponder??? I'll be interested to see what the results are if you plan to go the "in hull" rather than "through hull" route......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye, the depth transponder can be bonded directly to the inside of the hull. The log paddle wheel however still needs fitting through the skin.

    ReplyDelete