Saturday 4 January 2014

Got the January blues

It's wet.... It's so wet and cold that I've barely moved from in front of the TV in weeks.  Not that there has been anything worth watching on telly.  Wall to wall star wars and crap costume drama's. Ughh!
The cabin fever is getting too me and the day job is not, as they say, floating my boat at the moment.
This morning I made rather too much espresso and banana gelato,  can I eat my way out of January?  One of the many excuses that I have for not doing anything on Ciao Bella is that it's just too wet, the cabin is constantly damp and cold and the cockpit is swimming as the scuppers keep getting blocked with leafs and moss off the house roof.
Well following a conversation about setting a date for this years cross channel attempt, oh yes; 21st June and the following week are in the diary; I did get off my are this afternoon and drape a tarp over the cockpit and cabin.
Hopefully now the locker lid will dry out so I can rub them back and varnish. I'll also be able to leave the wash boards out to let air circulate and maybe even start to strip paint from the anti slip areas.
Its been a long time coming but I think the enthusiasm is starting to build again... I'm off to the boat show on Monday with Sparrow Steve so I'd better get a wish list together.
Projects for this year include:
Rig the boom for easy reefing.
Move the heads and create a functioning V berth.
Overhaul the mainsheet track and fittings.
Cure some more leaks.
Make a sail cover.
Paint the decks and coach roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment