Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sail cleaning

I dropped the Genoa off at Concept sails yesterday for them to put a new sacrificial UV strip on it.  It was a little more than I thought it would be at £116 but if that's what it is, that's what it is.  I was going to get the sails laundered at the same time but concept said that in their experience, rust stains tend not to come out and as my budget is taking a battering I decided to have a go myself.


Following some advice from the PBO forum I dragged my inflatable onto the decking, filled it with water, added a bit of Persil non bio and soaked the Main and Jib for 2 or 3 hours. The percieved wisdom was not to agitate them too much as I damages them.   They are now on the line drying so I will see how they look tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment