Friday 30 December 2011

Hardwood curtesy of freecycle

I had a reply last night to my freecycle request for hardwood. A very nice lady had an old door frame at the side of her garage that she said I could have.
It's 2 x (14cm x 6cm x 180cm) plus 1x (14cm x 6cm x 80cm). Should be enough there to keep me going :-)
Oooh a lovely piece of wood
One Sole board complete waiting to be varnished

I have two more cabin sole panels to frame and have started on the washboards, using the old ones as a template.
New washboards in progress
Old Washboard as a pattern
I took down the old headlining today and will get some thin ply to replace it next week.
I still can't find a hull number anywhere, I called the SSR people yesterday, Comme Ci Comme Ca was registered in 1995 but the didn't have the hull number.
With all this woodwork, it's starting to feel like I'm making progress.
Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment