Tuesday 6 December 2011

I feel drained

Aha... After all the taking apart, it's good to put something back on.
I stopped by the chandlers at Cobbs Quay today a picked up a long plastic skin fitting so that I could put a drain in the outboard well.. Or as I like to call it 'bucket'
I used my biggest hole boring bit (22mm) and wobbled my way through a sheet of Ali, 1/2" of ply, GRP, hard wood, a gap, more GRP and another sheet of Ali.
As my skin fitting was 1" diameter I then filed the hole until big enough.
I smeared silicon along the skin fitting thread and put a bead under the head before pushing into place. A bit more silicon behind the nut, tightened it all up a the jobs a good un.
I also got a call from concept sail today to say my genoa was finished. So I shall pick that up on Friday.
I also dropped the rudder off at the fabricators to have the lower pintle repaired.
It's all exciting stuff.... Well that's what I keep telling Julie:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment