Sunday 29 January 2012

GPS60

Tense time in the Brook household... GPS60 package on eBay, a nervous finger on the bid button.  No worries, it's in the bag,  The price shot up from £44 to my winning bid of £97 in the last few seconds; I wish I had a car that could accelerate that quick. :~)

I had wired my old one up incorrectly on Jelly Bean and blown the NMEA output.  I was just going to buy another new one, however the GPS60 (like the one above) is no longer made and the cheapest rugged Garmin GPS is well over £200.  This one, although second hand comes with some nice accessories.
I'd better look out for a DSC VHF now... Has anyone got a spare one?

2 comments:

  1. GPS 72 is the answer... less than £100 new.... :o))

    PS. GPS60 still made but you got a bargain...

    http://www.bosunslockerchandlery.co.uk/4232/Garmin-GPS-60-Handheld-GPS.html?referrer=froogle&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid4232

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep still some about but it has been discontinued by Garmin. I really like the GPS60, It's absolutely bullet proof.... so long as you don't stick 12v into the NMEA output :~(
    I'll probably stick my old one on eBay, even without the NMEA it probably worth £40.. Most people don't need that for traipsing over the fells.

    ReplyDelete