Monday 30 January 2012

Odd jobs

Although it is my birthday that is looming, Ciao Bella seems to be getting all of the pressies.  This weekend she has acquired a windex, Red Ensign, Flag staff holder, GPS, Charts covering Dorset and Devon and a smoke chimney for the oil lamp.

Base fitted to Ariel
The windex was going to be fitted as a stand alone unit but when I unpacked it, it had instructions for it to go over a glomex antenna.  My antenna is not a Glomex but with some thought, structural epoxy, sikaflex (God I love that stuff) and a bit of fettling I had it fitted.

All attached to mast top


Flag staff holder fitted, can't fit the flag staff as the house is in the way.
I also fitted the headlining and LED recessed lamps.  The headlining looks excellent, I will need to find a cunning solution to support the outside edges. I was screwed into wood strip that were held by the grab rail bolts, as these encouraged water leaks I have banned them.  The LED lamps are superb.  There is plenty of light to read and study charts by but it is a nice warm light, not stark clinical white light that you often get from LED's


Headlining, Floors and Lamps fitted


3 comments:

  1. She's coming together!! Did you find the source of the drips in the last but one post????

    PS. Get a proper camera - we want bigger pictures! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the drips! I managed to stem most of the flow, in fact I think it has stopped completely but, to be sure, I think I'm going to have to remove and refit the Port front window again.
    Ref camera... I haven't got time to stop and take proper photos.... besides, if I took decent photos you'd see the truth behind my DIY skills :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pheww... so not seriously structural then - good news.... drippy windows are a feature of my life.... hardly noticeable.... :o))

    ReplyDelete