Tuesday 16 April 2013

Autohelm and GPS bracket.

As launch approaches I am able to keep knocking off little jobs.   While de-rigging last year I managed to to pull the plug off the GPS data cable,  a new cable arrived today at the extortionate cost of £18.99.  Still I have to have it.

While thinking about the GPS I decided that I needed some kind of bracket to hold it.   In true bodger style I rummaged through the garage to see what I could use.  All I could find was some sheet Ali,  I knocked up the bracket below, If it works out well I'll get a bracket made out of stainless.




The cut out in the side is to allow the Data plug to fit in and allow the unit to sit upright.  I cut a small block of wood to fit in the bottom of the channel to give it a bit more support. A stainless bracket wont need this.



The unit sits nicely out of the way of getting knocked but perfectly positioned for viewing.  I still need to wire it in but I shall ask John, my good friend, neighbour and occasional crew to do this as he will make a much better job of it than me.

The other wee job that I've done this evening is fit the plug for the Autohelm and run the cable back to the fuse board.  I temporarily connected it up to ensure it works.. which it did.  I'll ask John to complete this as well as he's made such a tidy job of the rest of it.


2 comments:

  1. Good!

    When you going in?? c'mon the water's lovely.... :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrrrrrr! Saturday is the plan. Need to rustle up a mast raising crew :)

    ReplyDelete