Thursday 24 May 2012

The art of the tender

There is a school of thought that suggests the ideal tender should be easy to row, easy to motor, keep you dry, stay afloat but above all.... Look totally un-covetable :-)
I think I have perfected this last point and am considering going for the Turner prize.
I have actually put some more fibreglass on the hull which should hopefully mean she won't be floating just below the surface every time I want to use her. Last year she was so bad, there was weed growing inside :D
The last job before she goes back to the club is to screw the large hose around the edge as a rubbing strake... This should complete the scrapheap challenge look.

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely not nick that.... but then I wouldn't nick mine either! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. In which case, I think my work here is done ;~D

    ReplyDelete
  3. the boat should be ok but Bear Grylls fans might find something inappropriate to do with that hose pipe

    ReplyDelete