Thursday 10 May 2012

Beaulieu

After some really horrible weather it looks like we are finally going to get a good weekend.  I am joining some of the boats from East Dorset Sailing Club on a cruise to Bucklers Hard, up the Beaulieu river.
It will be another chance for John to get out and gain some more experience before the Alderney trip.  I've even pushed the proverbial boat out and booked a walk ashore berth as I don't fancy paddling back across the river after one to many 'Old Thumper' .

Pictures below from the Bucklers Hard website.  http://www.bucklershard.co.uk/beaulieu-river

2 comments:

  1. I have an abiding memory as a 15 year old on a camping trip, of sitting on that green in the last picture, and seeing a young ladies bikini top ping open..... :o))

    Have a good'un matey, I'm looking forward to getting out as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have anything to do with the pinging? ;~P

    ReplyDelete