Thursday 24 January 2013

Where has the enthusiasm gone?

I must slap myself around a bit for not getting stuck in enough recently.  I'm sure I could come up with a million excuses about  the snow, ice freezing temperatures and family & work commitments   but at the end of the day there is always something that I could be doing to keep the project moving forward. The  spark that has kicked me back into life came from Roger.. While I was bemoaning my excuses  to him the other day he offered to cut out some new backing pads for my seacocks as the ones I fitted are woefully undersized.  It then occurred to me that Roger will have done more work on Ciao Bella in 2013 than I  have... even worse, he asked me for the  diameter of the holes for the skin fittings last week and I still haven't got back to him... Unforgivable.
So here's my commitment:  I will complete at least one item... no matter how small per week. (Starting with measuring the skin fitting tails).

One more thing to cheer me up was this facebook post from Swift sails :o)
  

3 comments:

  1. Glad to be of assistance in the motivational arena. I'm a personal development trainer in my spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil, good to see some commitment to progress! I have been following your blog for some time now, like you I have a bit of a project boat on my slate! Check it out here: http://www.contradanza.co.uk

    If you don't mind, I would like to discuss a few things about your new main? My email can be found on the site above.

    Best Regards
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris, Love the blog... Your attention to detail is fabulous! I'm afraid I have a slightly different approach :)
    I sent an email through your blog with my contact details on, feel free to call when ever.
    Cheers Phil

    ReplyDelete