Monday 18 February 2013

Galley unit part two

I managed another couple of hours on the galley unit tonight.   I had cut the front top corner off at 45 degrees so I needed to make a hardwood trim to finish that off.  After chopping out the recess on the table saw, I mitred it to fit with the vertical and horizontal trim.

Luck was on my side as, without planning it, the radius of the arc was 90mm... and the paint pot from decorating James room was 18cm across; result, I had something to draw round.  I initially drew this on paper, thats how I worked out how wide the block needed to be.


With the arc drawn on the block I roughly cut the excess wood off and glued the block onto the upright.



Once clamped in place I used a wood rasp to shape the block more accurately. I have left them like this and will use the power sander to do the final finish tomorrow.
I apologise for the poor quality of the pictures, the iphone struggles in low light.

No comments:

Post a Comment