Saturday 19 April 2014

Anti foul on

After a coffee grinder malfunction yesterday, I found myself with about 200g of freshly ground coffee. Coffee goes stale pretty quickly once ground and me being brought up in the "there's starving kids in Africa ye know" approach to wastefulness, I naturally felt I should do my best to use it all. 
The net result being that I was up at 7am on Easter Saturday absolutely wide eyed. 
Today's mission was to get the anti foul on.   The line needed raising as well so after giving the hull a final scrape I masked up and abraded the areas which hadn't previous been painted.  I also roughed up the areas where I'd had poor adhesion last year. 
I finish off last years tub of Hempel cruising performer before legging it down to Cobbs Quay Chandlery for a fresh tub.  While there I saw 'tyger' Dom and Sarah's swift 18 sat on its trailer, it looked like they'd just done the same job but could see either of them.  
After slapping on copious amounts of the blue stuff I was starting to look like Pappa Smurf but at least it was done.I'd given the rubbing streaked a coat of Sadalin the other day so she's starting to look much smarter now.

I removed the pile of old harbour dues stickers and put the new one on.  After a bit of a rummage round for other jobs to do, I came to the conclusion that she's nearly ready to go in.  Don't get me wrong, there is loads that I want to do but the season has started and I want to sail more than I want to fix.



With the main part of the boat done, enough for this year anyway, I enticed James out to help me get the mast of the gazebo.  I was disappointed to see the spinnaker halyard just about worn through near the top of the mast.  I will have to think of another way to route this. 

By 3pm the coffee hit had worn off and I was ready to crash.  Time to soak in the bath and peel off some anti foul. 

I've got to give the rigging the once over. 
Make or buy a sail cover. 
Load her up and send her down the slipway. Poor weather forecast for the next few days and away next week end... I'm sure she'll go in soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have found it cheaper to Ebay a sail cover and modify to fit cus all the clips and tie ons can cost more than the material if you make a new one.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you were typing, I was posting :)

    ReplyDelete