Sunday 13 April 2014

Sorting the Bilges

Todays little adventure was to get to work on the bilges.  This needed doing, a; because they are shockingly bad and b; and more importantly, I had to put in a board for the loo to sit on.The bilges have been sadly negleted as they are normally hidden under the sole.   The picture below give some idea of how bad they are.
I started by giving them a right good clean with some Silky deep clean, this stuff is the bees knees.  I'm not sure how diluted it is supposed to be but I mixed it up about 3:1 and it made short work of the muck as you can see below. 
I then spent quite some time making a platform for the loo to sit on.  For a non technical piece of wood this really took some time to get right.  The final effort of the evening was to give everything a good coating of Danboline,  I have a sneaking suspicion that Dan may have painted many tudor ships until Henry carelessly beheaded his sister.

3 comments:

  1. Silky Deep Cleaner Concentrate can be used neat (wear rubber gloves) on really bad areas, or 10:1 as general purpose start of season cleaner, 40:1 during the season as a quick rinse aid to keep things nice and sparkly. Danboline, didn't he move on from painting to knot tying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Rog, I'll mix up some at 40:1 and keep it in a trigger pack on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrr.... where's my sunglasses... Nice job!

    ReplyDelete