Wednesday 9 July 2014

Tinkering part two

After work last night I nipped out to see if the new solar regulator was doing anything at all.. The good news is that it has now overcome its error message and is showing 10.9V flicking up to 11V and charging at 2mA.   The bad news is that as the light started to fade so did the voltage, down to 10.7V by the time I left so I fear the battery may be goosed.  It's a tricky operation transferring heavy batterys from the tender to the boat so I'm happy to leave it as it is until at least Sunday to see if it makes any real headway.

My other nerve racking experiment involved the use of my iPhone to investigate the rudder trouble.
Didn't really help as I couldn't tell where I was pointing it and could have done with someone waggling the tiller to show the play.  I couldn't see the lower pintle but the bush at the top seems very close to the rudder so may have dropped off.. I will have to beach her to investigate properly.
The phone was protected from the water by this natty waterproof case which I got from the RNLI gift shop. I can't remember how much it was but it was certainly less than a fiver.

RNLI Phone case.

No comments:

Post a Comment