Wednesday 22 February 2012

Shiny new scuppers

I eventually managed to find some decent deck scuppers today, so I shall be able to tick another job off the to do list. These were the grand total of £3.70 each and have a stainless steel top, more durable and uv resistant, and plastic body's , cheaper. They have a good wide opening with a narrow restriction, less than the seacocks, that should catch any debris which might otherwise block the seacocks. My only gripe is that I wanted caps that drained from the edge rather than these domed caps which I imagine will hold dirty water around the edge.
I also bought a hole saw and another tub of varnish so I can fit the NASA duet and continue varnishing everything in sight :-)

2 comments:

  1. Nope still don't know what they're for.... cockpit drains?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the prize goes to..... yep they are for the cockpit drain. You try buying something for a boat with out knowing the proper name. It ends up like a painful game of charades. 8@

    ReplyDelete