Friday, 15 March 2013
I have finished the first cushion cover. Ok it's not great but this one will be mostly hidden under the quarter deck. hopefully I'll improve as I make the others. :)
I have made them with out zips, hooks, buttons or anything else that can catch, break, rust or stick. The cover has an overlap on the back so the foam can be squeezed into it and is held securely.
I will only make cushions for the main part of the cabin. The forepeak tends to get wet and dirty with opening the front hatch to work while pulling up the anchor etc. My sail should arrive soon and I still haven't made a cover for that yet. I may have to remove from the boom after every trip if I don't pull my finger out.