Sunday 17 March 2013

Somewhere for the beer

Normally I moan about the weather when it's cold and wet but today it meant that I could work on Ciao Bella instead of going for a walk.  Obviously I needed to work inside so the galley received my attention. I had picked up some dry wall insulation, some expanding foam and a roll of aluminium tape during the week so I was able to crack on with the cool box.
I started by cutting the insulation to fit the spaces within the cubby hole and then squidged in the expanding foam into the gaps. This closes the gaps, insulates and effectively glues it all together.
I then used the aluminium tape to cover the whole of the inside, to give it a clean gap free finish.  The tape was also used to cover big gaps which were then filled with expanding foam.
With the top attached and the cool box almost complete I just needed to make up a door for the front.  This is just a piece of ply with some insulation sikaflexed to it which pushes in to seal the opening.  I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off so hopefully there should be some real progress over the next few days... watch this space.  Right I'm off for a Guinness :)

2 comments:

  1. How about robbing the heat exchanger off a car coolbox? Cheers Dodjah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a thought Rog however I don't think my little solar panel could keep up :)
    Will stick with freezing a bottle of milk and buying ice before I set off.

    ReplyDelete