Thursday 5 April 2012

A spark of hope.

I picked up a new coil for the outboard today,  The good news is that there is now a regular blue spark when I pull the cord.  The bad news is that it still won't start.   I take heart in seeing a spark as now I just need to find the mechanical trouble. Fresh petrol and a carb clean will hopefully sort it now... He said hopefully :~)

I also ran a new cable up the mast for the steaming light.  I had to drill the rivets out of the mast foot as my first attempt, last week, ended up with the old cable inside the mast and not joined to the new cable.  I eventually fished the old cable back to the bottom of the mast so I could attach the new cable.  Anyway the cable is now wired into the masthead lamp at the top and into the connector at the bottom.  I need to grab some very large ali rivets to put the foot back on.  A job for tomorrow.

I picked up 2.5l of Anti foul today as well so as soon as the weather is suitable and I feel like covering myself in poison I'll crack on with that.

Bugger, just remembered that I'd promised John that I'd put up the mini trunking ready for the electrics... I'd better get up early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment