Saturday 7 April 2012

You can't rain on my parade

The end is definitely in sight.  Today, despite the best efforts of the weather, I managed to get the anti fouling on.  While I was scrubbing the hull and slapping on the poison, John was inside finishing off the electrics... That him peering out at you. 


The rain held off for most of the day, but as I got to the last quarter it started to rain properly.  One of my neighbours was around at the time and he fortunately had some canvas tarps that we draped around the unfinished area. To stop the drips running across the area that I wanted to paint we put some tape along, you can just see it in the picture below which made the water drip off rather than run under the hull.




To stop the drips running across the area that I wanted to paint we put some tape along, you can just see it in the picture below which made the water drip off rather than run under the hull.



 So a fruitful day,  The anti fouling is finished, the electrics are finished.   I also ordered the exciter coil for the pain in the ar5e outboard, £35 from Holes Bay Marine including p&p.There are still some small jobs to do but for the sake of my sanity, wallet and marriage I am not doing any more this weekend :~)

Ciao Bella ;~P

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil, She is looking good and now with working engine you are nearly set to launch I guess...once you get over the few beers you were mentioning. Regards, Andy

    ReplyDelete