Sunday 18 March 2012

A good weekend.


I've made some good progress this weekend.  On Saturday I used some more of the freecycled hard wood to finish the bulkhead panels.  I cut a strip of mahogany to go right across the bottom and under the companion way.  This had to be rebated to accept the GRP return.  I also cut another strip to make a return under companion way, this will give me something to locate the cover panel between the door way and the step. This will conceal the back of the NASA Duet.


Which as you can see, needs covering :) You get enough cable on the sensors to go round the boat three times and you can't cut them so I coiled them and tie wrapped them out of the way.


I cut cupboard doors into the bulkhead panels to give me some extra storage.I think they look pretty good. Once vanished they will be the same colour as the washboards.



I also got round to fitting the Genoa tracks and cars. I needed the help of number one son to fit these as my arms just weren't long enough or have enough elbows. Other little jobs were to drill out and fill some of the small bits of damage around the boat. The electrics are nearly done.  Just need to connect the solar panel to the battery and connect the VHF. I traced and fixed another leak, after being so happy that the bilges were dry as a bone I started work and all of a sudden a load of water ran down from the stern.  I stuffed my head into the rear lockers and realised the the rear most strengthening rib was acting like a dam and when I was moving around on the boat it overflowed.  After some more contortionism I found the source, the seam on the outboard well was leaking. I dug out the old sealer and re sika-flexed it.

1 comment: