Wednesday 14 March 2012

Headlining up

Tonight I have pared down some recycled hardwood to support the front of the headlining. I'm no cabinet maker but I'm happy enough with the results.
My genoa tracks and cars arrived today so that'll be another job that I can tick off soon. While unpacking them, they made me think of another small job which needed sorting. The cradle for the VHF handset has a clip missing from the top which holds the handset in place. The Genoa cars were clipped to a handy piece of plastic which looked like it could be fashioned into a spring clip. So with some cutting, filing, heating bending and glueing I had a functioning handset cradle. :-)
Handset cradle with homemade clip, not pretty but functional.
Front of headlining supported by recycled hardwood.

Once the headlining and bulkheads are varnished they will contrast much more. The bulkheads are mahogany ply and the headlining is beech faced.  Could do with some kind of trim to finish the inside of the vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment