Tuesday 27 March 2012

Rubbing strakes

I am very indebted to to Roger... Roger is also an E.D.S.C member who acquired and refurbed a Hurley 20 over the winter.  His constant updates have kept me focused on the job and the shared ideas regarding what to do next have been invaluable. Rogers boat 'Big Easy' is now afloat and is more or less finished. 

I hope you'll agree, she looks great.  Thanks for the pic Rog, I hope you don't mind me using it?

Roger pulled another stunning piece of generosity out of the bag yesterday by giving me enough 2x1 Iroko to (Very nearly) replace the rubbing strakes on both sides of Ciao Bella.   I've got two days holiday planned at the end of the week so hopefully a significant amount work can be finished.
Essential jobs to do before getting on the water are:
  • Replace rubbing strakes
  • Repair or replace engine
  • Antifoul
This is a very simplified list but that's the minimum that I need to do... So near and yet so far.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil,
    you forgot to mention you gave up most of Sunday to assist me getting the mast down/up.......this was a very magnanimous offer in view of your own tight time scales. Happy to return the favour and help you with getting Ciao Bella back on the water.
    cheers
    Rog

    ReplyDelete