Tuesday 13 March 2012

a little more.

Tonight I have cut out the bulkhead panels and temporarily fitted them so that I can decide how and where I am going to fit the switch / fuse panel, VHF radio and the doors for stowage.  I will cut doors similar to the port panel in the picture below.   This is Rogers Hurley 20,  Rog bought his a few week before me and has the mooring next to me... That's where the similarity ends as his is nearly ready for the season :-)

The  side trims were horrible, falling apart and were painted with what can only be described as artex. I decided that I would be better off just ripping them off and having just plain GRP for this year.   That was until I ripped one off and realised that they'd been stuck on with an inordinate amount of tile adhesive.  Oh well that another job that will have to be done with time ticking on.
Panels shaped and trial fitted.


Argh... Tile adhesive all over the side panels.
  While down the garden the other day I noticed the aeriel connector on the mast was missing.  Probably a victim of not being disconnected before dropping the mast.  I need to identify and source the correct connector.
Need mating connector for this Aeriel connector

3 comments:

  1. Cheers Steve, I think I'm on track but I will probably sleep for 6 months once I get her in the water :)
    I can't wait until I get to the stage when I can just give her a scrub, slap on some anti foul and varnish and let that be the total winter rework. This year is about getting her sea worthy, next winter hopefully I can do all the nice stuff like cusions, dodgers, covers etc.
    Paps looking good, have you got your sounds sorted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost.... the box is looking good - just need to coat it with something - suspect paint.. and then attach... I'm going to site it under the coaming, port side, near my switch panel.... shelf there was rotted/loose so ripped that out scrubbed up the battens that used to support it, and will attach it to those.....

    ReplyDelete