Friday 30 March 2012

Rubbing strakes part 1b

Following yesterdays disaster I received advice aplenty, most of it suggesting steaming the wood.  Cheers to all that came to my aid.  After a bit of faffing about with the headlining I set about removing the split wood, trimmed it up and started to source items to make a wood steamer.
#1 A steam source... Easy, I have a wallpaper stripper in the loft
#2 A container for the wood, not so easy... after a wee search around the garage and garden, my eyes drifted towards the corner of the house.

Well, it's not going to rain so who's going to miss the drain pipe :-)

I can fit two lengths of wood in this pipe

 I sealed the ends with parcel tape and set it running .  I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. That picture of your "missing" drain pipe is the funniest thing I've seen for a while. Thanks for the moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no problem Dave. Although, I think I got away with it, it did get hot enough to deform the pipe so it's a route that I wouldn't advise again :~)

    ReplyDelete